Friday, August 22, 2014

Introducing Negombo



My journey started in the charming beach town of Negombo along the west coast. Always active on social media, I connected with a local and received a recommendation to stay at Golden Star Beach Hotel. A convenient 30 minute drive from the airport, it was a pleasant stay on the beach with free wifi in the lobby and breakfast buffet. I was able to walk outside and see local families, school kids, dogs and even cows ;) After a morning walk along the beach I hired a tuk tuk to drive me to the fish market which had rows of hundreds of fish drying in the sun and market stalls full of tuna, crabs, prawns and more for sale. After a 2 hour drive around town to get orientated I was excited to get back to the hotel and walk the neighborhood for a closer look.


Hindu Temple in Negombo. 17% of Sri Lanka is Hindu.



Negombo Fish Market




No comments:

Post a Comment